Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Precious Gift

Amidst the concerns and frustrations that are a part of being a mother, especially those that are a part of being a mother of a child with Trisomy 18, I will never, ever forget what a precious gift Lyla is. She is a joy beyond what I could have ever imagined. She is a pure blessing, from a God who loves her beyond my reckoning, and who loves me enough to have given her to me, to us, to the world. When I gaze at her precious face in the morning, it's like looking into the face of an angel. My heart is so filled with love that my chest aches. Thank you Lord for creating that amazing love--it gives me a glimpse of the love that Jesus has for his children. It is pure beauty and it grips the heart. To look into Lyla's blue eyes and see such sweet innocence and trust. What a joy. She is so beautiful. Thank you Lord for the precious gift of Lyla Jane.

Ephesians 3:16-19 "I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."

I hope that you know the fullness of Jesus Christ's powerful, unconditional, heart-gripping, life-changing love.


Standing with some help--she's getting to be so big.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your beautiful words of inspiration. I feel that being a parent truly makes you aware of the hugeness of God's love. It is hard to imagine anyone loving your children more than yourself but I truly feel that our love is but a tiny smidgen compared to God's love for his children. Lyla truly is an adorable little blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete