Friday, March 13, 2009

Visitors :)

Well, yesterday Lyla and I received the special blessing of getting a visit from the Petchers. Jerry & Nancy are my adopted parents (they live in Marshfield) for when I'm missing my real parents who are all the way out in Arizona! They have been friends with my parents since before I was born. We were talking about how they have even changed a few of my diapers when I was a baby! Tanya is their middle daughter who has been my dear friend since birth. (We've also been tennis partners since about age 8 and intend to be until about age 98!) :) And she brought her youngest--handsome little Jack. It was such a blessing to have them here--they are just like family. And of course they came bearing gifts and delicious food for lunch, which Nancy whipped up, including her world-famous cereal bars. Yum! What a treat. Good food, fellowship, fun, and lots of Lyla love--what could be better? :)

Nancy and Lyla

Tanya and Lyla

Jack snuck in this one!

Jenny, Lyla, Tanya, Jack

PS--I did get some cute pics of Jerry and Lyla, but I suspect he sneakily went in and deleted them.  It was so sweet to see how when Lyla was fussing, he held her and walked with her and sang to her until she was comfy and fast asleep.  Thanks "grandpa" Jerry!  :)  :)  :)

This verse reminds me of the Petchers, especially the living a life of love part--

"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children, and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."  Ephesians 5:1

    

No comments:

Post a Comment