Thursday, December 22, 2011

Pregnancy Update

Well, today (as you can see on the baby ticker above) I am 3 days overdue. This morning during breakfast I started to have some weird vision changes, and got a headache. These can be some signs of pregnancy induced hypertension or preeclampsia--so being a nurse, being married to a nurse, and having my mother here who is also a nurse--we all considered worst case scenario and I decided to call the OB nurse. My doctor said I should come in today to get an ultrasound of baby (called a biophysical profile) to make sure she's doing okay, and they also wanted to check my blood pressure and check for other signs of preeclampsia. So we got a few more ultrasound pics of our little girl! She passed the biophysical profile with flying colors and is doing great. I do not have high blood pressure or any other signs of preeeclampsia. However, my body is still not progressing toward labor at all. I've been at a stand still for over 2 weeks! I am only having very weak, ineffective Braxton Hicks contractions a few times a day. Considering this, we came up with a plan. Our doctor does not want me to get to 2 weeks overdue. On Monday (the 26th) I will be 1 week overdue. So if baby doesn't come on her own by Tuesday, December 27th then I will have a c-section at 1:00 pm that day! It's good to have a plan. I still hope that I can go into labor before then, but if not, I won't be broken-hearted to have a c-section either. I just can't wait to meet her and kiss her sweet face! Please pray that all goes well.

Apparently this little girl is working on a mullet like her big sister. :)

We've entitled this ultrasound picture "Wisconsin Waterfall Part 2"

Do you see the little mullet fluttering off the bottom of the back of her head (right above the word HAIR)? Too funny. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment