I was thinking, I really like having a blog primarily because it's an easy and fun way to keep friends and family updated on Lyla's progress (and on our life in general I guess). But I also like it because it's a great way to communicate prayer requests! I am so thankful for so many of you who pray for us! I just want you to know, too, that we would really love it if you would communicate your prayer requests to us as well! You can always email or call or leave a comment (if you can possibly figure out how--it ain't easy!) We love to support others in prayer because we have been so supported by other's prayers. :)
Our latest updates are as follows:
- Joel just accepted the job we were really, really hoping he would get at the VA Hospital!!! We thank the Lord!!! Great location and great benefits-we are so thankful and excited!
- We put in an offer on a great house that's in the same subdivision that my brother and sis-in-law and nieces live in. It's a short sale so it could take awhile for the bank to respond. We are praying they will accept our offer, and that the process will go quickly--especially because Joel's family is coming to visit in November and we would love to have a place for them to stay. Also (obviously) we are looking forward to having a home of our own!
- Lyla is doing very well and is really starting to get used to my parents' house. She can go for long walks inside and is becoming much more confident standing and walking. She is almost 21 months old! Again, praise the Lord! In other Lyla news, a geneticist that spoke to us about Trisomy 18 the day after we found out that Lyla was diagnosed with it, recently asked us if he could use some pictures of Lyla in a presentation he gave about Trisomies 13 and 18. Of course we said yes, and just the other day he emailed the presentation to us. I'm going to try to post a link to the presentation on the blog soon. It's very informational about Trisomy 18 and 13. And it was just a great reminder as to how much of a miracle Lyla truly is.
- Also, I just wanted to share my heart a little bit here to ask for prayer. Joel and I would really love to provide a brother or sister for Lyla. We have been trying since she was about 6 months old. We had a miscarriage in January, which was of course hard. But we started to try again in April and ever since, with no success. I know that the Lord has perfect timing, but sometimes I am so impatient and I worry that maybe there is something wrong. It's been a struggle for me recently, and Joel and I would really love your prayers for us in this area--that we can just trust the Lord, have peace in our hearts, that we can have patience, and that we can have another baby! So there you have it.
- As far as a job for me, I am going to wait until we get settled into a house and until Lyla gets used to yet another transition. Then I will start looking for something part-time.
- Oh, and I can't forget to mention that we will be getting another new niece or nephew in March! Joel's brother and his wife (aka Uncle Faz and Auntie Bryana) are expecting, and we are soooo excited!
Naomi is 6 weeks old now and is growing like a weed!
Uncle Linc time :)
Naomi is so strong--she loves to stand up
Lyla loves her little cuzzie!
Pretty views from our drive to Pena Blanca Lake
Psalm 42:1 As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
No comments:
Post a Comment