Yesterday Lyla and I went on a short road trip to visit some friends whom we haven't seen in way too long! Lyla got to play with sweet little Zahra (9 months old now, but was only 3 months old the last time we saw her) and I got to visit with my friend Diana. Lyla really took to Diana, as you can see, and had lots of fun playing with Zahra's toys! We were there during Zahra's nap time so Lyla got to play with lots of them, and Diana and Lyla had some time to get acquainted. Let me tell you, Zahra has to be one of the cutest, sweetest little girls I have ever met. The first thing she did when I held her was give me a kiss and a hug. It was SO sweet! I wanted to take her home with us! Diana made a delicious lunch and it was just fun to chat and catch up. Also, you should know that there would be no Lyla if it weren't for Diana--she's the one who introduced Joel and I. She just had a feeling that Joel and I would hit it off and live happily ever after... and she was right!
Two cute little piggy-tailed sweeties
What a nice visit!
And in other news, my dad is scheduled to have a wedge resection on June 11th. This means they will go in and surgically remove the spot in his lung, test it to see if it's cancerous while he's still under anesthesia, and if it's malignant they'll remove the lower lobe of that lung, but if it's benign, they'll just close him up. We would love your prayers for him! Thanks!
Also, we are closing on our house on June 15th. All I can think is--oh my! We have a lot of packing to do in a short time. Then we will move in with Joel's parents for a few weeks and head out to AZ on July 13th. It's all moving along so fast! Very exciting!
No comments:
Post a Comment