Joel and I just got done watching the movie "Facing the Giants". If you haven't seen it, go rent it. I know for a fact that God had us watch this movie tonight. His timing is perfect. The whole theme of the movie is do not fear, with God anything is possible. How fitting for our lives right now. There is so much to be fearful about--Lyla getting another infection, her surgery, her future. But I am learning not to fear. It says in the Bible 365 times "do not fear". God is on our side so there's no need to. Wow.
Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord, Your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.
And just as profound for us is that with God all things are possible. Even Lyla's healing. Sometimes it feels like a leap of faith for me to believe that God would completely heal Lyla. It seems like very few, even fellow Christians, truly believe that God could heal her. But He has done greater things than that. Doctors don't think it could happen, science says it can't happen, the "natural order" of things says it won't happen. But Jesus said "Everything is possible for him who believes." (Mark 9:23b). And we believe Jesus' words. God is building our faith, and our prayer for Lyla is for complete healing. Mark 10:29 says "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.' " Yes they are.
No comments:
Post a Comment